If youre looking for a fun holiday or weekend away with friends then London should definitely be near the top of your list, especially if you are looking to splash some money around and enjoy the finer things in life. If you require some more affordable, but none the less luxurious accommodation, then hoteliers such as Millennium Hotels are a good option, with locations scattered across London in some of its most exclusive areas.
To fully explore the city staying in a central location is a must; the city is so vast that you can use it as a base from which to dart about on the (usually reliable) underground transport network. Whats more, with the summer Olympics and Queens Jubilee both set to take place in 2012, there really has never been a better time to visit.
Here are some of the top attractions to visit on any break in London;
- Possibly the best place to start a lavish holiday would be in a swanky Mayfair hotel London from the likes of Millennium Hotels, which often include some of the finest dining opportunities. The sheer variety and quality of food available is world class and unbeatable. Claridges is probably the most iconic hotel in Mayfair, and their afternoon teas are simply irresistible.
- Kensington is home to some of the finest museums in the world including the Natural History Museum, Science Museum and the Victoria and Albert Museum each a home to history, science art and culture.
- Chelsea has some of the finest shopping in the world available with many top brands represented in the shopping areas of Kings Road and High Street Kensington, not to mention the world famous Harrods department store.
- The Royal Albert Hall (pictured) often hosts the worlds biggest and most popular musical and cultural talent, with acts ranging from world renowned artists to comedians, operas and plays. No matter when you visit the Royal Albert Hall there is always something incredible happening there.
- If you are seeking an evenings entertainment then head to the West End to catch a play or musical; We Will Rock You, Billy Eliot and Les Miserables are three of the most popular. Just remember to book your tickets in advance through your hotel or online; ticket prices for the top London shows command a big premium when purchased at the last minute.
- Visit the Olympic Park in Stratford. The London Olympics run from 27th July to 12th August. Even if youre visiting before the Games kick off youll still be able to experience some of the Olympic Spirit by paying a visit to the site. Whats more, with London set to be on show to the rest of the world, many of the citys parks and open spaces have been done up in preparation; Victoria Park in Londons east end is one popular open space to benefit.