I have known GoldDot for a while from my friend Joren. She recommended it to me since she knows how much I love couture and everything out of ordinary, especially shoes. Since then, I’ve always been wanting to buy shoes from GoldDot, but I find the shoes too high for my taste. I mean, I could wear 4-inch high shoes but to wear it while walking everyday from Ayala Ave. to Legaspi Village will be the death of me. Although there were actually a few times I did try, the result is always that its very tiring and hard to walk since the road isn’t leveled the same all the time.
So finally, when I was browsing last Friday, I chanced upon this pretty shoes called Hydra from GoldDot. The first thing I looked at is the heel and platforms height. The heel is 4 inches and platforms is 2.5. I thought, “perfect!” And went to buy it immediately after thinking about it for 10 seconds!
And after a few days, my package arrived!
I tried wearing them immediately as soon as I got home. Here’s what I think about it:
- They are worn like shoes/boots, not like sandals. I initially thought you wear them like sandals.
- The straps are only for design purposes. They are not adjustable.
- It’s not hard to walk in them since they’re just platforms and the heel is not that high. If you think about it, they’re just like you’re wearing a 1.5 heel shoes. But I’m not sure I could run around wearing them just yet. It’s hard to run around wearing platforms. It took me a while before I could manage to run wearing Margaux (the shoes I designed years ago).
- They’re pretty tight on the feet, but that’s probably the point so that they wont come off easily with its design. But since I have thin feet so they still come off. XD
- The texture is like most faux leathers – since it’s new, it’s bit painful if you wear them with bare feet (or at least for me).
- It’s not slippery in tiles! (^O^)/ I tried walking with them in my room. My room is purely tile-floored. I know, right? 😐
I so love it! Especially that I’m short! I’ll probably end up making this my default footwear! My current default one is black knee-high boots my mom gave me for my birthday, earlier this year.